This is a proposed story after this research: VOIP, to integrate with SignalWire
Big picture goals
- We will provide 24/ 7 support so we need an efficient way for clients to reach an agent
- Increase security for server access by adding 2FA
- All work/communication must be manageable as a team so we can scale to hundreds of team members
- Data plan only
- Improve Tiki as a CRM
- New services to current and future clients
- Keep it open to other integrations later
- Build in parallel to PluginMeeting inspired by PluginBigBlueButton
- Install https://packagist.org/packages/signalwire/signalwire via http://doc.tiki.org/Packages
- Sign up to https://signalwire.com/signin
- Create an API token and enter in your Tiki instance
Call me button
The should be an option to record the call.
- Extend https://doc.tiki.org/Two-factor-authentication so end user sets phone number in user profile and gets an SMS to be able to log in.
- We receive SMSs for 2FA and to validate suspicious transactions. Instead of going to individual cell phones, they should go to Tiki, where they can be managed by a team.
Perhaps in Cypht, as additional chats in Converse, http://doc.tiki.org/Inter-User-Messages or a new UI.
This app seems to work well so far: item45848-Register-and-test-textable-app
- When we interact with clients via the system, it should automatically log time sheets. And someone will proceed to a Timesheet assessment.
Call out team members for a phone meeting
We should have frequent scheduled touch base meetings.
These should be in Tiki Calendars and CalDAV and all participants should receive a call (If they are not already connected via
the Jitsi Meet app)
- Meeting starts on time
- No need to fiddle with camera or mic. Just answer the phone.
Videoconference / WebRTC
Hosted videoconferences, with recording and call out.
Long term goals
Paid support system
Manage a call center
- And RFPs like this: item41781-Request-for-Proposals-RFP-Contact-Centre-as-a-Service-2020-TF-004
- For WikiSuite to become an awesome CRM by smartly blending the components: http://wikisuite.org/Customer-Relationship-Management
- Weekly classes are with PluginMeeting inspired by PluginBigBlueButton