A play of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, here is a ladder of information management maturity. Focus is on general tools for team efficiency (and not tools to interact with customers or prospects)
Start from the bottom in your journey for digital transformation.
- Detect patterns and anomalies
Add actions and alerts on known thresholds
Use data to help planning decision-making
Use WikiSuite for tracking tasks and time sheets. Makes it possible to know who is working on what, and how much time is invested.
Use wiki and trackers for brainstorming and project management
Have a high-level dashboard of projects
- Human Resource database with public and private profiles
- Find Expertise
- Replace static forms with active forms with reports and data management
- Replace emails with proper business process handling and logs (for auditing)
- Standard contracts
- Exception database
Building on select parts of the knowledge base, pro-active training of select types of team members (usually a large number, where it makes sense) Ex.: High turnover
Agree and document policies and procedures
This is also how we start.
- This is a non-threatening 1st project
- Can be self-contained
- A small team produces content for a large group. Easier to start.
- Solution vs Audience vs Jobs vs Capabilities vs Building Blocks vs Features vs Use Cases vs Verticals vs Keywords vs product